Offshift June Community Call & PriFi AMA Recap
Zokyo joined to discuss the recent publication of the Offshift Yellowpaper, and we took your questions.
On our most recent AMA & Community Call, cryptographers Oleksandr Boxling and Victoria Grasshopper, and Project Manager Vitalii Odnovol of Zokyo joined us to discuss the recent publication of the Offshift Yellowpaper.
We started the call with a few community updates:
- Offshift has new Discord channels – join us to check them out!
- We restructured Gitlab last month
- Alex will speak about the dawn of private DeFi at EthCC this July 20-22 in Paris
- Keep an eye out for our upcoming Bitcoin.com podcast
- Pancake Swap updates are coming soon!
Then we dove into the Yellowpaper with Zokyo’s team and answered:
- What is the Offshift protocol?
- Why are we planning to use Bulletproofs instead of other zk options?
- Why is the Hybrid Account-based Model/UTXO implementation imperative for the Offshift Protocol?
- What are the Account Based Model features?
- What are Range Proofs and why are they important to this project?
- The Schnorr ID Scheme: what does it mean and why does it matter for Offshift?
- Shielding contracts: what are they and do other privacy projects use them?
Then we dove into the AMA:
- Are you a global project or local project? At present, which market are you focusing on, or is it focused on building and growing to gain customers, users and partners? Can anybody anywhere use this project without any restrictions?
- Trust and security is very important in any project, what makes investors, customers and users safe when working with your project. How secure and safe are you?
- What audits do you do? What other security checks are in place?
- Can you tell us about Zokyo’s current partners, plans for partnership, and what everybody stands to gain from these partnerships?
- What is the main challenge you are going to face in getting to mainnet from a technical perspective?
- Are there any implementational issues with Bulletproofs which could hinder your progress? Do you have any safety nets in case that happens?
- Will my personal data be stored on Zokyo?
- Zokyo has a lot of use cases, so can you share with us, what are you most focused on?
- Is Zokyo afraid in the future its project will be lagging behind new projects with newer technology? Does Zokyo or Offshift have a plan for this?
- Why should I be interested in private derivatives?
- What are the basic differences between XFT and Monero, Zcash …?
- Since you will be a derivatives platform, you will be similar in nature to Bybit, just decentralized? Is that correct? With access to 10x leverage and above?
- The burning of tokens is the best thing for controlling the price of the token and reducing the supply. Do you have any plans of burning tokens?
- Is it foreseeable for exchange platforms to be built within the Offshift ecosystem?
- How divisible will zkAssets be?
- Are you concerned about being scooped considering you are incrementally open-sourcing your code on GitLab now?
- How does Offshift evaluate the importance of the user community? In the near future, does Offshift have any special plans to attract and expand the community?
- Wrap Up
A special thanks to all who joined us this month for the live call, and to those who submitted questions! Offshift hosts AMA & Community Calls every month, and you can submit your questions directly on Discord. This month we gave away $100XFT to 5 random lucky winners for submitting questions!
Our next AMA & Community Call will be July 29, 2021 @12PM ET.
Become a PriFi Pioneer & join us on: