Offshift July Community Call & PriFi AMA Recap
Another month flies by with Offshift’s sights firmly fixed on platform development. Watch, listen in, or read up on everything the Offshift Core Team got done in July 2022.
Welcome PriFi Pioneers! We held our July PriFi AMA on July 28 at 12pm ET. As always, we started with what’s new at Offshift since last month’s AMA.
- First, as announced last month, our biweekly development updates are back.
- Included in the Mid-July Dev Update is the Offshift anon Development Roadmap to Testnet, which covers all the steps that will be taken over the following weeks and months. The feature-complete testnet protocol is slated to go live in October 2022.
- We launched the Offshift anon CLI Pilot on Ethereum’s Goerli Tesnet! The Pilot Announcement Blog contains an in-depth user guide. It’s super easy – all you need is proficiency in copy/paste.
- This month, we’ll be integrating Oracle Price Feeds, due the week of August 8.
- Then, we’ll launch the frontend the week of August 22.
- On July 14th, The Daily Hodl published an Op-Ed written by our CSO, Alex Shipp, titled: As Bear Market Turns All Eyes to Utility, Privacy Stands Poised To Lead Next Crypto Breakout.
- We also touched on a few big events from June, including the Fireside Chat with Ed Snowden, the CryptoCoinShow interview, and an Op-Ed in The Defiant titled: “Puncturing the Hype About Illicit Finance in Crypto.
- Lastly, we have started some community initiatives to increase participation.
- Weekly polls are now active in the Official Offshift Telegram. Join us there to take part.
- There’s a new XP system in the chat which enables you to earn XP for posting messages and unlock privacy themed-ranks like Public Brawler, Private Swashbuckler, and PriFi Paladin.
- There’s also a reputation system in the main chat: Reply + or 👍 to a message to reward another user +1 reputation. It’s impossible to have a negative reputation!
- At 00:00 EST at the end of the year, numbers 1, 2, and 3 in the XP and reputation leaderboards will receive prizes (admins are excluded).
- There will be an info message with detailed instructions sent to the chat on a weekly basis.
Following our updates and community announcements, we gave community members the opportunity to ask some questions. And what great questions they were:
1. What is the company’s strategy to fund the marketing campaign that will be needed to gain visibility and build a user base?
2. What kind of partnerships with different projects/platforms/protocols can we expect in the future? Could you give us some examples of how other projects can leverage yours?
3. In light of the Terra/LUNA collapse, can we possibly consider a cap on the maximum daily mint/burn? In the unlikely (but possible) scenario of an hyper inflationary event, this would avoid a potential death spiral.
4. Let’s talk about the security issues of on-chain voting with a focus on privacy. How can we resolve privacy issues in electronic voting?
5. I want to try out your Goerli Testnet – where can I get test tokens? Also, do you have any bug bounty and reward programs for people who are using your Testnet and report bugs to you?
Thank you to everyone who joined us this month, and especially those who submitted questions! Offshift hosts PriFi AMAs on the final Thursday of every month at 12pm ET, and we encourage you to submit your best questions in advance. This month we gave away 100 XFT to 3 community members who submitted questions prior to our AMA.
July’s winners are Offshift community members:
Become a PriFi Pioneer & join us on: